Monday, November 5, 2007

We Knew We'd Stop Meeting Like This

The last visit with my wonderful nurse Cathy was last Wednesday. Boy have we been through alot together, we really have. She has tended to me 3 X a week for the past 6 weeks, with many phone calls inbetween, making this whole ordeal much more manageable than I anticipated. I am so grateful for the TLC she's extended to me. Believe me, she has the patience of a SAINT!


My wound machine: GONE (thank GOD) but not forgotten. It did a great job of healing me up but now I have a severe case of contact dermatitis due to the plastic that covered the skin while the machine was on. This plastic film did an outragous job of irratating my skin beyond comprehension over the past 6 weeks. It's BRIGHT RED, HURTS like a SOB and will take 2 - 3 weeks to heal up. At least it WILL heal up but SHEESH......who needed this. The pain meds I'm on don't work on this type of pain but they DO knock me out which is just fine by me. Here I go again.....major kvetching.

No comments: