Friday, November 2, 2007

The Good & The Bad

Boy have I been on a roller coaster of emotions since the surgery yesteday. I woke up from the surgery with SUCH bad pain that I just couldn't stop crying. This was totally unexpected on my part. I figured I'd wake up & go merrily on my way home. NOT. The nurses explained that when you have surgery as an inpatient you are given stronger pain meds and they are much more limited when you are an outpatient. I was given a shot, which helped, but she said it would wear off fairly quickly and I could take my regular pain stuff once I got home. Gladys, thankfully, stayed at the house for 3 hours after we got back, just to make sure I was ok. When she left I fell asleep for 5 hours, waking up around midnight. The pain was awful. I HATE pain, not that anyone likes it.
All day today was not great. Every time I move it hurts because, as was explained to me, that any movement usually effects the abdominal muscles, so whenever I go to get up or sit down it HURTS like a bear. Forget about bending over. If I drop something it's going to stay there. Why am I writing about all of this, you may wonder? BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO KVETCH!! Thank you all for listening. I feel much better.

NOW for the Happy Stuff This is the His and Hers Reversible Cable Scarf that I've been working on. I'm so glad that I have several knitting projects going. I really am. There's nothing like the feel of beautiful yarn in your hands, running thru your fingers, and being able to produce something that looks pretty. Aside from taking my mind off the things that are not so good, I feel as if my knitting has gotten so much better. On a personal level, that alone has given me much satisfaction. I don't know exactly how to explain it but it just makes me feel GOOD, GOOD, GOOD.

1 comment:

Hockey Mom said...

Awww, poor thing. I hope the pain goes away soon.

The scarf is beautiful, I love the detail on that.