Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Feeling OH SO Guilty


Now look at this face. How would YOU feel if you socked this adorable face right in the nose. That's how I'm feeling this morning. I woke up at 3 am, Sunny was sleeping right next to me as usual, and I really had to go to the bathroom. I hated to disturb him but when ya gotta go ya gotta go. That being taken care of, before getting back into bed I noticed the top sheet was all bunched up and decided to fix it. I have a flannal sheet on top of the comforter so the top of the bed stays warm for the cats. What can I say. I picked up a corner in each hand and with outstretched arms proceeded to flip up the sheet to spread it out more smoothly and at that precise moment Sunny jumped up right into my right fist. I thought I was going to die when I heard that "crack" of my fist against his little face. He ran like the wind and I couldn't find him for what seemed like forever. Finally I did the smart thing and went to the fridge, got some deli ham and THEN went thru the house, again, calling him. I thought he may have fled to the upstairs bedroom, his favorite place as it's always warm and out of the way of prying eyes and hands. I started walking up the stairs calling his name, asking if he wanted some ham, waving a piece in the air so he could detect some ham aroma and he met me half way. For ham he comes. He looked FINE. Just fine. Thank God. While all this was going on Beauty Baby was in a ham frenzy, following me around as if to say, "Hey, I'm HERE.....give ME some ham. I LOVE ham!" On quick inspection his eyes seemed good, no bulges, fur intact, nose fine. I wanted to pry open his mouth to check out the teeth but by the way he was eating the ham the teeth were in fine shape.
I stayed up for awhile and did some appreciated patting just in case there was any type of grudge on his part and of course there was none. Upon closer inspection I did notice a very tiny speck of blood on the white fur around his lower lip. Just a speck but enough to have me carry him into bed and make a promise to myself that I'll never straighted up the damn bed ever again.

No comments: