Thursday, October 18, 2007

On The Needles, FINALLY

I've finally started knitting again, on a regular basis. Claudia's visit, it seems, blew the cobwebs out of my head where knitting was concerned.


I'm about half way thru on this baby blanket I'm making for Eileen's soon to be born 1st grandbaby, so exciting! Granted, it's a very simple pattern but one that I can knit thru taking my Darvocet. I'm using Plymouth Encore, a machine washable 75% acrylic 25% wool blend, 2 strands held together knitted on size 13 KnitPicks circular needles. I'm happy with the way it's turning out.

THEN the scarf that I've started, ripped, started, & ripped more times than I care to mention. I finallly "got" the way to do a proper yarnover and although this picture isn't stretched out enough to really see the pattern, it looks beautious. The yarn is baby alpaca that I got at Knitch.These are the dish cloths I made for Cathy, my wonderful nurse who comes here every other day to do the wound care. Boy did I luck out in getting HER, believe me. She has such a gentle touch, knows what she's doing (not all do) and is such a pleasure.

No comments: