Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New Yarn Delivery


The doorbell just rang and behold! A new delivery of yarn. The purple is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport which I'm going to use for socks. I've not tried sport weight before and I wanted something to get me away from those small, size 1 & 2 needles. The baby blue is some Panda Cotton from Crystal Palace that I got for a baby sweater. That dark gray tweedy looking yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton, appx. 1/2 cotton & 1/2 wool, very soft and of course the Opal & the Cherry Tree Hill self-striping yarns are all for more socks. I also got 2 pair of size 0 (yes, you read that right) Crystal Palace bamboo circular needles. I've used sizes 1 & 2 but for some of the super thin sock yarn I really needed a size 0 with the way I knit so loosly. If I only could tighted up a bit I'd be So happy using a little larger needle but no go. Actually I'm happy that I can make it thru a whole pair of socks using a size 1, a big accomplishment for me. I usually use KnitPicks needles but since I fly so often I'm now switching to the bamboo. I really don't think it would make a difference passing thru security because let's face it.....a long, thin VERY pointy object taken onboard a plane can cause a problem no matter what it's made out of. I've been lucky so far and haven't been bothered at all but there's always a 1st time. But for now I have to decide which of these projects to start on next. I may have to close my eyes and just pick. Such decisions for someone NOT good at decision making!

No comments: